What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address ,phone number, fax number and address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the list of cookies we collect see our Cookies Policy.
How we collect your personal information
We collect information from a variety of sources, but most of your personal information comes from you (e.g., through purchases made through the website, communications with us and user-generated content on our website).
We may monitor or record communications between you and our representatives (e.g., telephone calls) in order to enhance and maintain our service quality, to protect you and us, to confirm our discussions with you and/or for training purposes.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Communicating with You:
- Sending communications by various methods including mail, e-mail, telephone, fax, or other telecommunication channels (e.g., to contact you about new products, special offers or other promotional information (including, without limitation, relating to third parties) which we think you may find interesting).
Managing our Business
- Performing our everyday business and operations including record keeping or internal reporting;
- Understanding and better managing our activities including conducting market research or analyzing data we hold about you to improve our products and services; and
- Customizing the website according to your interests.
- Employing third party service providers to assist with the administration and operation of our business.
To Protect You
- Where we have reasonable grounds to believe your interests can best be served by taking action, we may disclose your personal information to the appropriate legal or governmental authorities, your next of kin or any other appropriate person. In these circumstances, we will only disclose information as we believe is reasonably necessary to protect your interests.
To Protect Us
- We disclose information to protect our rights or interests. For example, where we are involved in judicial or administrative proceedings or other similar processes, we may disclose your personal information where permitted by law. In addition, we may disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligations including any subpoena, warrant or any judicial, administrative orders or demands or as otherwise required by law.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; and
- If you have previously agreed to allow us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the contact information provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Protecting your personal information
We take the protection of your personal information seriously. We make every reasonable effort to prevent unauthorized use, disclosure, loss or theft of your personal information. Employees who have access to your personal information are made aware of the importance of keeping it confidential.
Where we use service providers who might have access to your personal information, we select them carefully and require them to have privacy and security standards that are commensurate to ours. We use contracts and other measures with our service providers to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information and to prevent such information from being used for any other purpose.
Company, service providers and other parties to whom we disclose personal information in accordance with this policy, may perform activities outside of Canada. As a result, your personal information may be used, stored and/or accessed in countries outside of Canada, including the United States. However, all such information will be protected in accordance with this policy. Please note that when your personal information is located outside of Canada it will be subject to the laws of the country in which it is situated.
Retaining your personal information
We will only retain your personal information as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. Your personal information is securely stored until such time as it is no longer required, after which it is destroyed, rendering it unable to identify you.
Keeping your information updated
We take care to keep the information in our records as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes for which it is used. However, we also rely on you to tell us when your information changes. You may update your personal information by contacting us using our contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Accessing your information and addressing privacy concerns
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to have any concerns you may have over our policies and practices addressed. In addition, you have the right to obtain information regarding our policies and practices with respect to our use of service providers outside Canada. To access your information, discuss your concerns or learn more about our policies and practices please see our contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
How to contact us
Any comments or questions regarding your personal information or our policies and practices with respect to your personal information may be directed to email@example.com.You may also call us at +1-855-528-8495 or send a letter to: 524 Broadway, New York, NY 10012.