Last updated and effective as of 29th May 2020.
When you place an order on our website, you are contracting with Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Inc., but we are part of a wider group of Charlotte Tilbury companies across the globe. This includes companies in the UK, Canada, the Netherlands, Germany, and Hong Kong. When we refer to the “Charlotte Tilbury Group,” we are referring to the wider family of Charlotte Tilbury companies.
We collect personal information directly from you in a variety of ways. For example, we collect information when you:
• Register for an online account;
• Request additional information about our products or services or sign up to receive news, information, or special offers from us;
• Interact with us on social media;
• Purchase any product or service from us;
• Book an appointment with a make-up artist;
• Apply to join our Pro Programme;
• Request information or assistance from us, including correspondence with our customer service team;
• Participate in or respond to surveys or requests for opinions, feedback, and preferences or fill out other forms on our website or in our stores;
• Engage with us via our Website, via Livechat or via VideoChat;
• Provide reviews of products or post other content in interactive areas of our website; and
• Sign up for and participate in events, contests, sweepstakes, or promotions.
The types of personal information we collect directly from you include: your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, date of birth, credit card number or other payment information, password, personal preferences, age, gender, skin tone, hair color, eye color, facial image, and any other information you choose to provide.Automatically Collected Personal Information
We automatically collect personal information when you access and use our website or transact business with us in our stores, including:
• Log and Usage Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our website and your use of our website, including the type of browser you use, operating system, IP address, unique device identifiers, access times, pages viewed, links clicked, items placed in your cart, browsing behavior and the referring URL (the webpage you visited before navigating to our website);
• Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect personal information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our website, services and your experience, see which areas and features of our website are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our website or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Cookies below.Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect personal information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect personal information about you from:
• Other customers, such as when a friend purchases a gift card for you and provides your email address so we can deliver the gift card electronically;
• Our Retail Partners, trade show organizers, and other organizations we partner with to organize contests and events or otherwise promote our products and services;
• Social media or messaging services, such as Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp, depending on your account settings with those third-party platforms and services; and
• Publicly available sources.Personal Information We Derive
We may derive personal information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address, or that you are interested in a particular product based on your browsing behavior on our website.Use of your personal information
We collect and use personal information to provide, maintain and improve our products and services and to:
• Facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experience
• Complete the transactions you request, perform our contractual obligations, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
• Create and manage your online account and provide technical support (including to debug and troubleshoot) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Send promotional messages and newsletters (for information about how to manage promotional communications, please see Marketing Communications below);
• Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
• Allow you to complete surveys or comment on or review our products or services;
• Organize and provide events, sweepstakes, contests, and promotions;
• Conduct internal research and development;
• Engage with you via LiveChat or VideoChat or via our Website;
• Provide advertising and marketing targeted toward your interests;
• Analyze traffic and user activities on our website, identify popular areas or features of our website, and optimize and personalize website content;
• Protect the rights and property of the Charlotte Tilbury Group and others and comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and to enforce our agreements; and
• Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the personal information was collected.Sharing of personal information
• With other companies within the Charlotte Tilbury Group to enable us to run data analysis, develop new products and services, and for other business development purposes. We may also share personal information to allow another Charlotte Tilbury Group company to perform services on our behalf.
• With our vendors and service providers, who are trusted third parties we hire or work with, to allow us to provide our products and services to you. These service providers need access to your personal information in order to perform services on our behalf, such as web hosting, payment processing, email distribution, marketing and advertising, customer support, information technology, and analytics services.
• With our partners, such as organizations with whom we organize contests or events, our Retail Partners, or trade show organizers.
• With other website visitors when you choose to participate in certain interactive areas of our website, such as by posting a product review.
• In connection with a corporate transaction, such as any purchase, sale, lease, merger, or other type of acquisition, disposal, or financing involving the Charlotte Tilbury Group.
• With our professional advisors, such as our legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors in connection with the corporate transactions described above or the management of our business and operations.
• With law enforcement and individuals involved in legal proceedings, when it’s necessary for us to comply with applicable law or legal process, to respond to legal claims, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Charlotte Tilbury Group, our users, employees, or the public.
• When you write product reviews on our website.
• With your consent or at your direction.Your choices
You have options in relation to the personal information we collect about you, as described below.Marketing Communications
We love keeping you up-to-date about our latest products, services, offers and events, but if you decide that you don’t want to receive these communications at any point, you can unsubscribe by following the unsubscribe instructions in those communications. You may also opt out of receiving our text messages by texting STOP to our SMS number. To unsubscribe to our marketing emails, please visit the Account Information page on the Charlotte Tilbury website, click on “Newsletters,” and unsubscribe from that page. If you opt out of marketing emails, please note that we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relationship.Cookies
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook, Snapchat or Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.Your California Privacy Rights
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
Collection and Use of Personal Information: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, internet and electronic network activity, audio and visual information, biometric information, inferences drawn about you, and other categories of personal information that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources of collection, please see “Collection of Personal Information” and “Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties”. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “Use of Your Personal Information” section above.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may share the categories of personal information listed above with third parties as described in the “Sharing of Information” section.
Your Rights: Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. If you are a California resident, you may make these requests by calling +1-855-528-8495 or visiting this page. Once we receive your request, we will verify it by asking you to provide contact information and information related to your recent interactions with us. If you would like to use an authorized agent to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided the agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.Contact Us