This week saw fashions most glamorous night, the Met Gala, return for another year. Hollywood starlets lit up the red carpet for the Heavenly Bodies themed event. Team Tilbury were out in force creating mesmerising makeup for a bevy of beautiful red carpet stars!
Find out how to recreate the looks below!
Salma Hayek’s Ethereal Met Gala 2018 Makeup Look
Makeup by Matthew VanLeeuwen using Charlotte Tilbury Beauty
1. Prep your skin with Charlotte’s Magic Cream applied to your face and neck, creating the perfect canvas.
3. Apply The Retoucher concealer around your eyes and nose where needed, to mask any minor imperfections.
5. To add an ultra-flattering pop of colour, apply Charlotte’s NEW Pretty Youth Glow Filter in Pretty Fresh with Charlotte’s NEW Cheek Hug Brush for targeted, sculpting application. Sign up here to be the first to hear when it launches.
1. To create Salma’s smoldering, bigger and brighter eye look, apply the NEW Bigger Brighter Eyes palette in Transform-Eyes.
2. Apply the soft champagne gold PRIME shade to your eyelid to help prime the eyelids making them look wider, fresher and elongated. A pop was added to the inner corners of the eyes too, to give the appearance of wider, brighter eyes.
3. Apply the ENLARGE shade, an enhancing copper-gold to contour the outer socket. This light-reflecting shade lifts the look of the eye.
4. Next, apply the highly pigmented, dark chocolate DEFINE shade along your lash line to add definition, brighten and lift the look of the eye.
5. Finish the look with the deep brick red POP shade. This shade color-contrasts with most eye-colours, adding vividness to the iris like a filter does.
8. Finish your eye makeup look using lashings of Charlotte’s NEW Legendary Lashes Volume 2 on your top and bottom lashes for a lasting Hollywood flutter.
1. Complete your look using Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pink Venus to create the effect of fuller, wider-looking lips. Fill in your lips using Charlotte’s Hot Lips lipstick in Hot Emily, a bright warm coral hue and finished with a coat of the NEW Collagen Lip Bath for a plumper, wider-looking pout. Sign up here to be the first to know when it launches.
2. Finally, apply a light dusting of Charlotte’s Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder to perfect the skin and prevent excess shine.
Makeup by Tracy Murphy using Charlotte Tilbury Beauty
Products used for Kate: