Winged eyeliner is the beauty staple that never goes out of fashion. But we’ve all been there, with 5 minutes before having to leave the house trying to figure out how to use liquid eyeliner, it never ends well. Until now! Charlotte Tilbury has always created makeup that is easy to use, so her Feline Flick eyeliner pen for the perfect winged eyeliner is no different!
This winged eyeliner tutorial will break it down step by step so that you can get flawless application every time. Plus with a little help from a cotton bud and some Magic Cream moisturiser! We’ve put this guide in written and video format so you can apply winged eyeliner wherever you are! For more tips and tricks, read our Eyeliner Tips For Beginners guide.
How To Apply Winged Eyeliner
1. Use an eyelash curler to clamp your lashes at the root of your upper lash line. Hold for 5 seconds and repeat on the other eye to open up your eyes and make you look more awake.
2. Draw a very thin line along your upper lash line, keeping close to the root of your eyelashes and stopping just before the outer corner of your eye.
3. Use a cotton bud to angle diagonally between the end of your eyebrow and your outer corner of your eye to perfectly angle your feline flick. This is the perfect tool to help you keep your eyeliner straight and create an even winged liner look for both eyes.
4. Draw a dot where you want your winged eyeliner to end, about halfway up the cotton bud. This will help you connect the two for a perfect cat-eye.
5. Holding the cotton bud in place, connect the dot with the end of your eyeliner on your upper lash line. The cotton bud will keep your line straight! The liquid eyeliner will give you an intense black line, so if you smudge it at all, you can use a moisturiser on the cotton bud to neaten up any edges.
6. Apply lashings of mascara to finish off your feline gaze. Then add a pop of colour with a delicious matte liquid lipstick to give you a party-ready look instantly!